Thursday, April 14, 2011

...And another "See Ya Later" is in the books.


If only time could stand still.
Tonight has got to be one of the most emotional nights I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I can't believe the time has come and gone to say goodbye to my husband, my hero. There were fewer tears shed than expected, but I knew I had to stay strong for B as I know this was just as hard on him as it was on me. We have had so many goodbyes in the past, but nothing will ever compare to having to say "See ya later" for an entire year.

Looking back on the day, it was just the kind of time together we needed. After B went to the office to clear out his stuff, he headed back home for some last minute packing. Once the packing was complete we spent some much needed relaxation time just enjoying one another and our pup. We then headed out for one last family walk as it was an absolutely beautiful afternoon. Once we arrived back home, we began to get ready to head up to the Battery. At the battery we spent time with a few of the other families hanging out, enjoying one anothers company, and eating pizza. It was this time that I am thankful for as it helped lighten the mood of the situation before we were going to have to intake all that was to come as we would watch the guys head out. As I watched all of the kids of the other families playing with one another, it was then that I realized, a pup on my own for a year can't be so bad. I could not even imagine how hard it must be on the children and their families. It hurt me so much to think of them having to be seperated not only from their spouses, but to have to leave their little ones behind.

Even as I was able to hold in the tears as best as I could, there were more emotions in my body than I could ever explain. There was happiness, sadness, doubtfulness, confidence, determination, curiousity, comfort, and calm. I know I will experience so much in the next year, and it was at this moment that I spent in his arms that I knew I was ready to begin the journey and get the countdown started.

As this year apart begins, I know it will be hard, but to think of all that I will learn about myself and each other, I look at myself in the mirror with a big smile on my face and say "I CAN DO IT...AND I WILL DO IT."

Our little family.

A man having to say goodbye to his pup...one of the saddest things I've seen.
All packed up.
At the Battery being thankful for a few more hours together.
Pizza time always calms a situation.
One of our last "See Ya Later's"
So proud to call him my husband and my hero.
And there he goes.
Ok, some more time for sillyness.

And they're off. Stay safe and return home soon.

We want to thank everyone for all their thoughts, prayers, and kind words. You are the reasons why we will make it through this next year. Please continue to pray for all of our the soldiers safety. I know they are more than trained and ready to serve our nation and fight for our freedom. God Bless them all.

Love and Strength,

Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. I hope he is safe. The year will fly by and he will be in your arms again. I can not even start to understand how difficult this will be for you. You are always welcome to come visit Ruby and I.

    ReplyDelete