I received a phone call early this evening with the news of one of B and I's very closest friend. He was recently wounded in Afghanistan by an IED, causing him to lose both of his feet, just above the ankle. We are so very thankful that he is still alive and that none of his other soldiers were wounded in the incident. His wife, who is also currently in Afghanistan, was blessed to be able to be by his side as he came out of surgery. B is not too far from where he was taken to and asked for approval to go to visit, but unfortunately will not be able to do so. I ask for all of your prayers in a time of healing and that him and his wife will continue to find the strength and courage they need in this difficult time together.
This has been so hard on me as they are truly some of our bestest friends. They are friends we have always been able to count on. I wish more than anything that B or I could be there for them in such a time of need. B has been there for the both of them from the beginning and was honored to be the best man in their most special day. Knowing how hard this must be on him is what hurts me the most. I know I must stay strong for them, B, and all of our other very close friends that this will affect, but it will not come easy.
B said it best to me, "

A look at all the good times is just a reminder of what we are thankful we still have to look forward to with such great friends. I can not wait to see the both of you soon again and know that you are in my everyday thoughts and prayers. We love the both of you very much and are blessed to have you in our lives. Remember, stay strong, and the good Lord will take you in the palm of His hands and lead you on your path to recovery.
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
With Thanks and Praise!
Love and Strength,
Lindsey













I am sorry to hear this; our prayers are with him, his wife, his family and his friends, like you and Brandon. Bless you both,
ReplyDeleteGregg & Irene