| Our last embrace, 6 months ago. |
This weekend was also MY BIRTHDAY! The birthday weekend started off on Friday night with a "Wining Women" night. Yes, we drank wine (...and some of us margaritas too!), but it was indeed for a good cause. My friend that had set this night up had asked us all to bring donations for the Fairbanks Rescue Mission and in return, she would provide her home to gather in, the deliverance of all of the donations, lots of yummy food, and WINE.
| WINE! |
| The hostess and I :) |
| All of the "Wining Women" |
Saturday morning I woke up to gorgeous Birthday flowers from none other than B! :) LOVE THEM!
Saturday night some friends and I headed to the Pub at the local university in town where the band Romany Rye was going to be playing. Once we arrived another one of my friends whose husband had been in town for R&R happened to be there so we all linked up, played some pool, and listened to the band, which ended up to be really good!
After the pub we ended up hanging out at a few more local bars. As much fun as I had this night, it was hard to be with my friend and her husband who was going to be leaving the very next morning. It killed me to think that they had just had 2 awesome weeks together and just like that, they were over. Hardest part? Knowing that it will soon be my turn. Of course I'm beyond stoked to be back together again, but 2 weeks? Really? 2 weeks in a whole freaking year? No one, other than all of the Army family, will ever understand or know the feeling.
I then started the morning with friends gathering for a delicious home-made Brunch! We enjoyed Crepes, hash browns, sausage, and what brunch would be complete without Mimosas?!
| MIMOSAS! |
| My personal chefs! ;) |
| Birthday flowers from friends! |
| Let Brunch begin! |
| Part of the Brunch crew! |
| And our own personal dish washer! :)
|
We spent the rest of the day on a photo shoot, you wouldn't understand, ;) And then ended the day with a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant here in town. I even had a piece of Pumpkin Cheesecake...with a candle to blow out for my birthday!
It's weekends like these that make me realize how much I truly do miss B, yet how truly beyond thankful I am for such loving, caring, and understanding friends. I would not have made it through the past 6 months without them.
And of course, for B's sake, we can't leave without any shots of the Dukester!
Isn't he just as handsome as could be?
Love and Strength,
Lindsey
No comments:
Post a Comment