Monday, May 30, 2011

A Look at Memorial Day 2011

My soldier. Serious, as always. :)
This Memorial Day I am especially thankful to be able to call B my husband, my best friend, my hero. I am greatful for his willing to serve our great nation, along with so many of our closest of friends. I am blessed to live in a country where so many have given their lives for our liberty and freedom. Today is a day we remember all those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. As Memorial Day approached this year I was beyond saddened to hear of B's second classmate being killed in action. This time it hit so close to home as it was a roommate of one of our closest friends. The strength and bravery all of our military men and women continue to provide for us is what makes each and everyone of them truly a hero to our nation. I am proud to be a part of the world's best Army. And I am beyond blessed to call so many of them my family. The Army family is truly one of a kind. Through the thick and thin, we will always be one. To all of my closest heroes, THANK YOU!!! I pray daily for your safe returns home!
4 of my favorite soldiers, all currently deployed.
I couldn't ask to be surrounded by braver men than these.
My bestest soldierette! Currently deployed.




















As we remember the true meaning of Memorial Day, we also know that it is a weekend for a true American celebration. I was fortunate to have a 4 day break from work this weekend which allowed for lots of fun and relaxation with so many of my friends. Friday night was spent enjoying some "Alaskan" Mexican food, boy do I miss home and a good margarita! ;) Saturday I enjoyed much time with the girls, while Sunday I used to simply relax. Today was such a peaceful day spent on the lake in kayaks. It was a beautiful Alaska day!


The day wouldn't be complete without a life jacket making it's way into the water!


 As always, thank you for all of your continued thoughts and prayers for B and I. We are now 6 1/2 weeks into this deployment...only about 45ish more...sighhhhhhhhh.

Love and Strength,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment